The Heart Center at Ogden Regional Medical Center offers a wide range of specialty cardiovascular services for adult patients with cardiac conditions that affect their heart and blood vessels. From testing and treatment to prevention and rehabilitation, our experienced and highly skilled staff is trained to take care of the unique needs of heart and vascular patients - and their families in Salt Lake County.
Diseases and Conditions
Our comprehensive program offers proven and innovative therapies for these heart and vascular conditions and more:
- Coronary heart disease
- Heart failure
- Irregular heartbeats or arrhythmias
- Heart attack and chest pain
- Structural or congenital heart defects
- Heart valve disease and disorders
- Vascular disease
The Faster. The Better.
When it comes to cardiac care, particularly during a heart attack, time and expertise matter. It’s one thing to say that you’re better, but it’s another altogether to demonstrate it, day after day, with each and every patient. Ogden Regional's delivery of high-quality care is consistent, as proven by the quality performance and recognition we receive year after year.
- The only hospital in Utah performing cardiothoracic robotic-assisted surgery, providing more surgical precision with less trauma, reduced pain, and minimal scarring for the patient.
- 100% of heart attack patients received life-saving treatment within 90 minutes, the national goal for cardiac care.
- Average door-to-balloon time is 61 minutes, again well below the national standard of 90 minutes. This refers to the elapsed time from when a heart attack patient hits the door of the ER to when the catheter guide wire is inserted in the cath lab. The faster a heart attack patient receives care, the better the outcomes for the patient.
- Emergency pre-hospital 12-lead EKG allows first responders to transmit patient's heart activity while in transit to Ogden Regional. The ER staff is better equipped with a treatment plan ready and a medical team assembled before the patient even arrives.