My Hospital Visit
Welcome Patients And Visitors
Simply said, we put patients first at Ogden Regional Medical Center. We sincerely care for every patient and their family members as if they were part of our family.
That means we will deliver high-quality healthcare while paying personal attention to you. We will do our best to anticipate and meet your individual needs while making you as comfortable as possible.
Each of us recognizes the importance of caring for the whole patient, and not only focusing on the heath concern that brought him or her to our hospital. That's why we are committed to showing compassion and simple kindness whenever we interact with our patients and their families.
We are dedicated to high-quality care and healing at Ogden Regional Medical Center in Weber County. Our entire team promises to put you and your wellbeing first at all times.
Our Promise to You
At Ogden Regional Medical Center, we are united in promising to do the following for each and every patient:
- Greet you promptly and courteously
- Treat you as a person, with dignity and respect
- Respond to your needs in a timely manner
- Show you that we sincerely care by listening and valuing your concerns, and resolve them to the best of our ability
- Include you as an active member of our healthcare team
- Discuss all decisions regarding your health care with you, and your family if you desire
- Promptly provide you with the most accurate information available
- Provide you with a safe and secure healing environment
In addition, everyone who serves you while you are at Ogden Regional Medical Center is expected to uphold the "I am ORMC" standards:
I am ORMC
As an employee of Ogden Regional Medical Center I commit to:
- Offer solutions to problems. Offer help to others, even if it is not my job. Accept ownership of my concerns.
- Work area – Keep clean and organized. Care for all equipment and return to proper storage.
- Negativity is unacceptable – Be positive with all patients, visitors, customers, all hospital staff, employees,
- volunteers and physicians.
- Recognize and acknowledge the good in my fellow co-workers.
- Each of us is responsible: I am accountable for my attitude and actions.
- Stay informed.
- Proper tone of voice. Use appropriate verbal and nonverbal language. Be non-judgmental.
- Employees manage up – “Manage up” everyone!
- Core Values–Maintain honesty, integrity, compassion, trustworthiness, kindness, hospital loyalty, professional image (includes dress code).
- Make sure patients, families, and physicians are kept informed.
- Escort patients and visitors to their destination.
- Scripts! I will use them!
- Save personal conversations for a time away from patients – Never complain to a patient.
- Always say what I CAN do, not what I can’t do.
- Greet each patient with a smile and maintain eye contact.
- Everyone - Use the ICARE model.
- Communication - Complete and maintain the whiteboard at all times.
- Actively LISTEN to the patient without interrupting.
- Relationships are very important – Build them with customers and patients.
- Environment – Keep the noise level down and check the comfort level of patients & guests.