Emergency services in Ogden, Utah
Our ER provides greater Ogden with exceptional emergency and trauma care services. We are prepared to deliver care for all life-threatening conditions, including heart attack and stroke. If you or someone you know is in need of immediate medical attention, turn to our team for fast and thorough treatment.
After an expansion in 2007, our facility doubled in size, making room for a Level II Trauma Center. We provide the community with a commitment to prevention, education and improved comprehensive trauma care. Our emergency room and trauma center provide care to patients of all ages.
If you feel that you are experiencing a medical emergency, call 911.
Patient transfer center
MountainStar’s Patient Transfer Center is a one-stop solution for patient-care providers to better meet patient care needs. Our knowledgeable support team coordinates transfers when patients need emergency care, urgent medical evaluation or admission to any MountainStar hospital in Utah. We are here around the clock, every day of the year.
If you are a patient or you have a family member wanting to transfer, please provide the following information:
- Your name, call-back number
- Patient information:
- Date of Birth
- Location (Facility Name, Unit/Room#)
- Type of Care Needed
- Referring provider name, call-back number
- Preferred receiving facility
- Preferred method of transport
- Single access point for all patient transfers by calling one phone number
- Responsive and experienced RN staff will answer your calls
- Predictable and efficient patient transfers
- Patients transferred to hospitals capable of providing the appropriate level of care
- Efficient delivery of pertinent clinical documentation
- Access to inpatient services when the need is unexpected and urgent
- Improvements to the continuum of care and physician-patient relationships
- Enhanced communication between physicians and other caregivers
- Timely follow-up regarding patient disposition for referring providers
Preparing for patient transfer
We provide the following services to preparing for patient transfer:
- Facilitate your calls, make arrangements for you and assist with transfer planning
- Coordinate physician-to-physician communication; facilitating patient acceptance
- Make arrangements for appropriate bed assignments
- Communicate special care and/or emergent needs
- Write admission order, gather and send demographics and other pertinent documents to accepting facility
- Provide guidance regarding transfer preparation
- Coordinate appropriate transportation
- Update referring and receiving staff
- Provide contact number for nursing report
- Promote admitting physician follow-up with referring
The receiving facility will receive copies of pertinent documents, such as physician and nursing records, medication records, diagnostic images or slides and call nursing reports with the patient.
Patient Transfer Center
Board-certified ER physicians
Our emergency care physicians are experienced in Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS). Our doctors, nurses and support staff specialize in caring for trauma patients.
Air ambulance on-site
Ogden Regional Medical Center is a 24/7, around-the-clock home to AirCare, MountainStar's air ambulance service. We collaborate with the local EMS to ensure round-the-clock care for patients in need of specialized medical care.
Heart attack ER treatment
Before a heart attack victim arrives, our ER physicians and cardiologists can provide initial care. A machine in ambulances, called 12-lead EKG, transmits a full view of the heart to physicians and specialists at our hospital. This allows doctors to quickly diagnose and prepare for incoming heart attack victims. This streamlined process saves time and reduces damaged heart muscle.
How are we doing?
At the Ogden Regional Medical Center ER, we take your feedback very seriously, and as Utah's finest hospital, we are always looking for ways to improve the patient experience. Click on the icons to review our hospital and share your story.
Review our hospital and share your story. Thank you for providing your insights!