Specialized pediatrics in Ogden, Utah

Ogden Regional Medical Center is proud to provide acute pediatric services to northern Utah and the Greater Salt Lake City community. Children and their families benefit from advanced treatment methods and our team’s skilled, compassionate, family-centered care.

To contact our pediatric department, call us at (801) 479-2100.

Our nine-bed pediatrics unit cares for newborns and children up to 18 years old who are recovering from serious illness or surgery. Each room in the pediatrics unit is private, providing family and friends plenty of space to take part in the healing process.

Our pediatric experts

While our hospitalists oversee day-to-day inpatient care, they are supported by a comprehensive pediatric team with extensive experience and training in pediatric aspects of their field. The unit is home to a highly specialized pediatric medical staff available 24/7 and includes:

  • Pediatric orthopedics
  • Pediatric surgeons
  • Pediatric registered nurses
  • Lactation consultant
  • Pharmacists
  • Respiratory, speech, physical and occupational therapists
  • Social workers
  • Dietitians
  • Physical therapists
  • Case managers
  • Pet therapy
  • Pastoral care

Preparing for your child’s stay

Because the thought of a hospital stay may cause fear and anxiety in children, we encourage you to talk to your child in advance of his or her visit. Explaining the reasons for your child's hospitalization in terms he or she can understand can help ease some initial fears. To stay connected to one's home and family, we encourage children to bring any of the following items that may make their stay more comfortable:

  • Favorite stuffed animal or blanket
  • Favorite board or card game
  • Favorite electronic game, tablet or reading device
  • Bathrobe and slippers to wear over their hospital pajamas
  • A few books or activities to help pass the time

We provide rooming-in accommodations for one parent. If you choose to stay with your child, please bring toiletries, clothes and other essentials. If other family members want to stay in the area, a social worker can provide information on local lodgings and help you make arrangements. We also have a supply of books and toys for your child’s use.